Basant Vihar Palace was the spring garden palace of Late Maharaja Ganga Singhji, which had completed in 1940. He was the most enlightened ruler of Bikaner, who had changed the topography of the desert state. It was built because of a fanciful desire of His Highness, a connoisseur of architecture and one blessed with an artistic sense and designed by him to be a separate pleasure garden adjoining the Zanana Bagh (Royal Ladies Garden) of Lallgarh Palace.
Basant Vihar Palace has been converted and renovated to a Palace Hotel, preserving its traditional style of architecture and heritage and now being owned and run by the 'Bikaji Group' of Bikaner. It has 21 well appointed palace rooms in two categories called Royal Deluxe rooms and Royal Suits, with modern facilities of International standard and style. Its has 4 Royal Elephant Gates aging decades, which is showing the majestic past of Royals and hotel is surrounded with large 4 lush green lawns and gardens with flower beds, Lilly ponds, creating romantic environment.